This fund invests in stocks that comprise the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 and builds a portfolio based on the calculation method of that index. Maintaining the portfolio in this way will, in principle, ensure that the movements of the fund's NAV can closely match that of the JPX-Nikkei Index 400.
Net Asset Value and Performance
|NAV (per 10 shares):||¥ (As of: )||Net Assets:||
|Fund Name||Listed Index Fund JPX Nikkei Index 400
Open-ended type/Domestic/Stocks/ETF/Index fund
|Listed Exchange||Tokyo Stock Exchange|
|Targeted Investments||This fund mainly invests in stock issues adopted for JPX Nikkei Index 400.|
|Date Listed||28 January 2014 (launched on 27 January 2014)|
|Exchange Trading Unit||1 unit|
|Computation Period||Every year, 9 Jan - 8 Jul, 9 Jul - 8 Jan|
|Closing Date||Every year, the 8th day of January and July|
|Dividends||All revenue from dividends arising from the trust assets will be, in principle, paid as dividends on the last day of the fiscal year after deducting expenses.
*There is no guarantee on the payment or the amount of dividend.
Overview of Fees & Expenses
|Trading Fee||Stipulated by the broker. Please contact the broker for details.|
|Amount to be Retained in Trust Assets||None.|
No more than 0.108% (0.1% excluding taxes) per annum of the Fund's daily NAV.
|Other Fees and Costs||
No more than 0.1% per annum of the Fund's daily NAV
1. Expenses for the preparation and distribution of prospectuses, 2. Cost for accounting and its incidental operations, 3. Cost for preparation of financial summary statement (including outsourcing fee in case of outsourcing the (1) - (3) operations), 4. Auditing fees, 5. Fees related to the listing of the fund, 6. Royalties for the "JPX Nikkei Index 400", and others are paid out of the trust assets at the times specified by the Management Company.
Brokerage commissions on securities in the portfolio, interest on borrowings, interest on advances, lending fee (in case security lending is conducted, the amount obtained by multiplying a lending fee on securities lent by a figure which is profit for Trust Assets, not exceeding 0.54 (0.5 excluding taxes as of the date of the filing of the securities registration statement), and other fees are paid out of the trust assets each time they are incurred.
*The figures for items such as the rate and maximum amount cannot be provided in advance as they fluctuate in line with investment performance and other factors.
The total amount of expenses of the Fund to be borne by investors varies according to holding length and investment status, and thus cannot be shown.
Major Investment Restrictions
The JPX-Nikkei Index 400 is a stock index of the top 400 stocks selected from among ordinary shares listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange's 1st Section, 2nd Section, Mothers and JASDAQ markets. Selection of constituent stocks is based on 1) screening of eligibility criteria and market liquidity indicators, 2) quantitative indicator-based scoring (3 year average ROE, 3 year cumulative operating profit, market capitalization), and 3) qualitative factor-based scoring (appointment of independent outside directors, IFRS adoption, disclosure of earnings in English). The calculation method employs the closing price of December 30, 2013 as its base date, assigns a value of 10,000 as that day's market capitalization, and indexes market capitalization thereafter.
Japan Exchange Group (JPX)
- Listed ETF Prices
To see the Listed ETF Prices, please follow this link and click "Display of stock price".
- JPX Nikkei
Japan Exchange Group publishes summaries and lists of the ETFs, as well as other valuable information on their website.
Copyright and Other Rights of JPX Nikkei Index 400
The JPX-Nikkei Index 400 will be managed via a proprietary calculation method that was co-developed by the Japan Exchange Group and the Tokyo Stock Exchange (JPX Group) and the Nikkei. The JPX Group and the Nikkei hold the copyrights and all intellectual property rights for the calculation methods of the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 and the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 Index.
The JPX Group and the Nikkei hold all trademark rights and intellectual property rights concerning the logo of the JPX-Nikkei Index 400.
The management of the Listed Index Fund JPX-Nikkei Index 400 is the responsibility of investment trust and management companies. The JPX Group or the Nikkei bear no responsibility in regard to the management and trading of the fund.
It is not the duty of the JPX Group and the Nikkei to continuously publicize the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 and the two parties are not responsible for publicized errors, delays or stoppages.
The JPX Group and the Nikkei hold the right to change the stocks that make up the JPX-Nikkei Index 400, the calculation method and other aspects of the JPX-Nikkei 400, as well as the right to stop publication.
- 21 Aug 2017 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2017 (9 Jan 2017 - 8 Jul 2017)
- 21 Feb 2017 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jan 2017 (9 Jul 2016 - 8 Jan 2017)
- 19 Aug 2016 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2016 (9 Jan 2016 - 8 Jul 2016)
- 19 Feb 2016 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jan 2016 (9 Jul 2015 - 8 Jan 2016)
- 20 Aug 2015 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2015 (9 Jan 2015 - 8 Jul 2015)
- 20 Feb 2015 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jan 2015 (9 Jul 2014 - 8 Jan 2015)
- 21 Aug 2014 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2014 (27 Jan 2014 - 8 Jul 2014)
- 2017 November
- 2017 October
- 2017 September
- 2017 August
- 2017 July
- 2017 June
- 2017 May
- 2017 April
- 2017 March
- 2017 February
- 2017 January
- 2016 December
- 2016 November
- 2016 October
- 2016 September
- 2016 August
- 2016 July
- 2016 June
- 2016 May
- 2016 April
- 2016 March
- 2016 February
- 2016 January
- 2015 December
- 2015 November
- 2015 October
- 2015 September
- 2015 August
- 2015 July
- 2015 June
- 2015 May
- 2015 April
- 2015 March
This Fund can be applied for as a cash creation and a cash redemption at Authorised Participants in addition to the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- SMBC Nikko Securities Inc.
- Citigroup Global Markets Japan Inc.
- ABN AMRO Clearing Tokyo Co., Ltd.
- BNP Paribas Securities (Japan) Limited
- Daiwa Securities Co. Ltd.
- Deutsche Securities Inc.
- Goldman Sachs (Japan) Co., Ltd.
- J.P. Morgan Securities Asia Pte. Co., Ltd.
- Merrill Lynch Japan Securities Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd.
- Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.
- Morgan Stanley MUFG Securities Co., Ltd.
- Nomura Securities Co., Ltd.
- Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited
- Tokai Tokyo Securities Co.,Ltd.
- UBS Securities Japan Co.,Ltd.
Daily Creation and redemption are based on ETF's NAV calculated in early evening. Confirm non-tradable days by referring to trading calendar on our official homepage. Basket for creation is continually-updated on our official homepage.
Basically sell/buy underlying asset at last price of T day's market.
The flow chart below is showing the creation/redemption process for Nikko AM ETFs. Please note that transactions cannot be processed for days on which applications are not accepted.
Creation Flow for Cash Creation/Redemption Type ETFs
Redemption flow for Cash Creation/Redemption Type ETFs
|Balance of Stock Lending (A)|
|Received Collateral (B)|
|% Collateralisation (B) / (A)|
* Balance of stock lending is the amount of each lent stock on the day of calculation multiplied by the market value of two business days earlier.
- Acceptable Collateral: JPY Cash
|% of AUM on Loan|
* Total percentage of market value of lent stock multiplied by balance of net assets.
The lending fee spilt between fund (50%), Management Co. (25%) and Trustee (25%).
Invested principal is not guaranteed and may incur losses where the value of your investment principal will fall below par as the result of a decline in market price or the NAV. All gains and losses from the management of the fund belong to the investor (beneficiary). This fund also differs from bank deposits.
The fund invests primarily in stocks. The NAV of the fund may fall and investors may suffer losses due to declines in stock prices or deterioration in the financial conditions and business performance of equity issuers.
Major risks are as follows:
1. Price Fluctuation Risk
In general, the price of a stock is vulnerable to company information on growth potential and profitability and changes in such information. In addition, stock prices are also vulnerable to domestic and overseas economic and political conditions and other factors. There is a risk that this fund may incur major losses in the event of stock price fluctuations or unforeseen fluctuations in stock liquidity.
2. Liquidity Risk
In the event of small market scale or trading volume, when acquiring or selling securities, there is the risk of not being able to trade at the desired price due to actual market conditions as a result of the effects of large trading volume, the risk of being unable to sell at the valuation price, or the risk of trading volume being limited regardless of price highs and lows. As a result, there is the risk of suffering incalculable losses.
3. Credit Risk
In general, there is a risk that this fund may incur significant losses in the event that a major crisis directly or indirectly affects the management of companies in which the fund has made investments in. Due to concerns regarding default or bankruptcy, the stock price of those companies could plummet (the value could even fall to zero), causing the fund's NAV to fall. The fund could become delisted in the event it should violate certain criteria established by financial instruments exchanges. Concerns regarding possible delisting or delisting itself can cause the stock of the issuing company to fall, leading to a material loss in the fund.
The fund's capital may be managed with short-term financial assets such as call loans or transferable certificates of deposit, however losses may be incurred as a result of default by purchasing counterparties. This can also contribute to a decline in the fund's NAV.
4. Currency Fluctuation Risk
In the case of foreign currency-denominated assets, generally if the foreign exchange market moves so that the yen appreciates against the currency in which the fund's assets are held, the fund's NAV may depreciate as a result.
5. Security-lending Risk
Lending of securities is accompanied by counterparty risks (default or cancellation of lending agreements as a result of bankruptcy) and as a result, there is a risk that the fund will incur unexpected losses. Following a default or cancellation of a lending agreement, when liquidation procedures are implemented using the collateral set aside in the lending agreement, the procurement cost of buying back the securities may exceed the amount of collateral due to market price fluctuations. In such cases, the fund is required to pay the difference, which may cause the fund to incur losses.
Risk of divergence between the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 and the fund's NAV
This fund will aim to match NAV volatility with the volatility of the JPX-Nikkei Index 400. Due to the following factors, however, it cannot guarantee that movements in the fund's NAV will always be consistent with that index.
- Market impact when buying or selling individual stocks as it adjusts its portfolio in response to changes in the stocks that comprise the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 and capital changes among companies, as well as various expenses, including trust fees, brokerage commissions, and audit fees.
- Management fees from the lending of securities or dividends of incorporated issues.
- The disparity between price movements of derivative transactions, such as futures trading, and that of some or all of the issues that comprise the JPX-Nikkei Index 400.
Divergence between market prices at which stocks are traded on exchanges and the fund's NAV
This fund is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and traded publicly, however, its market price will depend mainly on demand for the fund, its investment performance, and how attractive it is to investors in comparison with alternative investments. Accordingly, it is not possible to predict whether the fund's market price will trade above or below the NAV.
* Factors that contribute to NAV fluctuations are not limited to those listed above.
- This distribution material has been created by Nikko Asset Management for the purpose of enhancing investors understanding of the Listed Index Fund JPX Nikkei Index 400.
- The provisions stipulated in Article 37-6 of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act ("cooling-off period") do not apply to fund transactions.
- This fund differs from deposits or insurance policies in that it is not protected by the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Japan or the Policyholders Protection Corporation of Japan. Furthermore, units purchased from registered financial institutions, such as banks, are exempt from compensation from the Japan Investor Protection Fund.
- When applying to invest in this fund, please make the decision to invest carefully after taking the time to read in detail the pre-agreement documents provided to you and other relevant material.