This Fund invests in stocks that comprise the Nikkei Stock Average (Nikkei 225) and create a portfolio in accordance with the calculation method of the index. As a rule, by maintaining the portfolio constructed in this way, this Fund strives to achieve a high level of linkage between the NAV and the movements of the index.
Net Asset Value and Performance
|NAV (per 10 shares):||¥ (As of: )||Net Assets:||
|Fund Name||Listed Index Fund Nikkei 225 (Mini)
Open-ended type/Domestic/Stocks/ETF/Index fund
|Listed Exchange||Tokyo Stock Exchange|
|Targeted Investments||This fund mainly invests in stock issues adopted for the Nikkei Stock Average.|
|Date Listed||25 March 2013 (launched on 22 March 2013)|
|Exchange Trading Unit||1 unit|
|Computation Period||Every year, 9 Jan - 8 Jul, 9 Jul - 8 Jan|
|Closing Date||Every year, the 8th day of January and July|
|Dividends||All revenue from dividends arising from the trust assets will be, in principle, paid as dividends on the last day of the fiscal year after deducting expenses.
*There is no guarantee on the payment or the amount of dividend.
Overview of Fees & Expenses
|Trading Fee||Stipulated by the broker. Please contact the broker for details.|
|Amount to be Retained in Trust Assets||None.|
No more than 0.243% (0.225% excluding taxes) per annum of the daily total NAV of the fund.
|Other Fees and Costs||
An amount no more than the total amount for the trust period reached by multiplying an annual rate of 0.1% on the fund's daily net asset value.
The following expenses are paid out of the trust assets at the times specified by the Management Company: 1. Expenses for the preparation and distribution of prospectuses; 2. Cost for accounting and its incidental operations; 3. Cost for preparation of financial summary statement (including the cost to outsource the work involved in 1. - 3.); 4. Audit cost; 5. Expenses for listing the Fund; and 6. Royalties for Barclays Emerging Markets Local Currency Government - 10% Country Capped Index, etc.
Brokerage commissions on securities in the portfolio, interest on borrowings, interest on advances, lending fee (in case security lending is conducted, the amount obtained by multiplying a lending fee on securities lent by a figure which is profit for Trust Assets, not exceeding 0.54 (0.5 excluding taxes) (0.5 excluding taxes as of the date of the filing of the securities registration statement), and other fees are paid out of the trust assets each time they are incurred.
*The figures for items such as the rate and maximum amount cannot be provided in advance as they fluctuate in line with investment performance and other factors.
The total amount of expenses of the Fund to be borne by investors varies according to holding length and investment status, and thus cannot be shown.
Major Investment Restrictions
The Nikkei 225 is a stock price Index published by Nikkei Digital Media, Inc. It is calculated as the average price of 225 representative stocks traded on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The Nikkei 225 is calculated by adjusting the divisor to maintain continuity as needed, using the same method as the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Japan Exchange Group (JPX)
- Listed ETF Prices
To see the Listed ETF Prices, please follow this link and click "Display of stock price".
The current calculation method was first adopted in 1950, and the Index is calculated retroactive to 1949. The Nikkei Stock Average has the longest history among stock indices in Japan, and is well known by investors and others concerned with the stock market in Japan and around the world. The 225 components are reviewed annually based on market liquidity and sector balance criteria. In addition, they are reviewed in response to mergers or delisting of component issues.
Japan Exchange Group publishes summaries and lists of the ETFs, as well as other valuable information on their website.
Copyright and Other Rights of the "Nikkei 225"
The "Nikkei 225" is a copyrighted work calculated through a method developed independently by the Nikkei, and Nikkei Inc. holds the copyrights and all other intellectual property rights related to Nikkei 225 itself and its calculation method.
All trademark rights and other intellectual property rights relating to trademarks of "Nikkei" and "Nikkei 225" belong to Nikkei Inc.
Management of the fund is the responsiblity of the management company, and Nikkei Inc. has no responsiblity for its management or the transactions of the fund.
Nikkei Inc. has no obligation to continue to publish Nikkei 225, and are not responsible for mistakes, delays or suspensions in its announcement.
Nikkei Inc. has the right to change the component shares, calculations method and other contents of Nikkei 225 and to cancel its announcement.
- 21 Feb 2017 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jan 2017 (9 Jul 2016 - 8 Jan 2017)
- 19 Aug 2016 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2016 (9 Jan 2016 - 8 Jul 2016)
- 19 Feb 2016 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jan 2016 (9 Jul 2015 - 8 Jan 2016)
- 20 Aug 2015 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2015 (9 Jan 2015 - 8 Jul 2015)
- 20 Feb 2015 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jan 2015 (9 Jul 2014 - 8 Jan 2015)
- 21 Aug 2014 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2014 (9 Jan 2014 - 8 Jul 2014)
- 20 Feb 2014 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jan 2014 (9 Jul 2013 - 8 Jan 2014)
- 21 Aug 2013 — Earnings Report for Fiscal Year ended Jul 2013 (22 Mar 2013 - 8 Jul 2013)
This Fund can be applied for as a cash creation and a cash redemption at Authorised Participants in addition to the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- SMBC Nikko Securities Inc.
- ABN AMRO Clearing Tokyo Co., Ltd.
- BNP Paribas Securities Japan Ltd.
- Citigroup Global Markets Japan Inc.
- Daiwa Securities Co. Ltd.
- Deutsche Securities Inc.
- J.P. Morgan Securities Asia Pte. Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd.
- Nomura Securities Co., Ltd.
Daily Creation and redemption are based on ETF's NAV calculated in early evening. Confirm non-tradable days by referring to trading calendar on our official homepage. Basket for creation is continually-updated on our official homepage.
Basically sell/buy underlying asset at last price of T day's market.
The flow chart below is showing the creation/redemption process for Nikko AM ETFs. Please note that transactions cannot be processed for days on which applications are not accepted.
Creation Flow for Cash Creation/Redemption Type ETFs
Redemption Flow for Cash Creation/Redemption Type ETFs
Investors are not guaranteed the investment principal that they commit. Investors may incur a loss and the value of their investment principal may fall below par as the result of a decline in market price or NAV. All profits and losses arising from investments in the Fund belong to the investors (beneficiaries). This fund is different from saving deposit.
The Fund invests primarily in stocks. The NAV of the Fund may fall and investors may suffer a loss due to a decline in stock prices or deterioration in the financial conditions and business performance of an equity issuer.
Major risks are as follows:
1. Price Fluctuation Risk
Stock prices fluctuate as they are affected by information on the company's growth rate and profitability as well as changes in such information. They also fluctuate as they are affected by economic and political conditions in Japan and abroad. There is a risk that the Fund will suffer material losses if unexpected changes occur in stock price or liquidity.
2. Liquidity Risk
The Fund may incur unexpected losses when the size of the market or trading volumes is small. The purchase and sale prices of securities are influenced by trading volume, resulting in the risks that they cannot be traded at prices expected to be realized in light of the prevailing market trend, sold at the estimated prices, or that the trading volume is limited regardless of the level of prices.
3. Credit Risk
There is a risk that the Fund will incur material losses in the event of a serious crisis that directly or indirectly affects the business of a corporation in which the Fund invests. The prices of stocks of issuers may substantially decline (possibly to zero) due to fears of default or corporate bankruptcy, which can contribute to decline in the Fund NAV.
This fund may manage capital with short-term financial assets such as call loans or transferable certificates of deposit and may incur losses as a result of default on the part of the counterparty. This may result in a decline in the fund's NAV.
4. Currency Fluctuation Risk
For foreign-currency-denominated assets, in general, if the yen is stronger than the currencies of such assets, the fund's NAV will decline.
5. Security-lending Risk
Lending of securities involves counterparty risks, which are the risks of contractual default or cancellation following bankruptcy, etc., by the counterparty. As a result, the Fund may suffer unexpected losses. Following the default or cancellation of a lending agreement, when liquidation procedures are implemented by using the collateral that is set aside in the lending agreement, the procurement cost of buying back the securities can surpass the collateral value, due to price fluctuations in the market. In such cases, the Fund is required to pay the difference, which may cause the Fund to incur losses.
Risks of Discrepancy between the Nikkei 225 and the NAV
The Fund seeks to match the NAV volatility with that of the Nikkei 225, but it cannot guarantee that movements will be consistent with the Index for the following reasons:
- The Fund may be subjected to a market impact when buying or selling individual stocks as it adjusts its portfolio in response to changes in the stocks that comprise the Nikkei 225 and capital changes among corporations. In addition, the Fund will incur various expenses, including trust fees, brokerage commissions, and audit fees.
- Dividends may be paid by stocks in the portfolio and fees may be earned for securities lent.
- When derivative transactions such as futures are made, there may be disparity between the price movements of such transactions and that of some or all of the constituents of the Nikkei 225.
Discrepancy between the market prices at which stocks are traded on exchanges and the NAV
The Fund is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the units are traded on that exchange. The market price of the units is affected primarily by the size of demand for the Fund, its performance, and how attractive it is to investors in comparison with their other investments. It is not possible to predict whether the units will sell in the market above or below the NAV.
*Factors that contribute to NAV fluctuations are not limited to those listed above.
- These materials are distribution materials created by Nikko Asset Management in order to increase investors' understanding of "Listed Index Fund Nikkei 225 (Mini)"
- The provisions stipulated in Article 37-6 of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act ("cooling-off period") are not applicable to Fund transactions.
- This Fund differs from deposits or insurance policies in that it is not protected by the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Japan or the Policyholders Protection Corporation of Japan. Furthermore, units purchased from registered financial institutions, such as banks, are exempted from compensation by the Japan Investor Protection Fund.
- When applying to invest in the Fund, please make the decision to invest carefully after taking the time to read the delivered pre-agreement document and other relevant materials in detail.