Nikko Asset Management hereby sets forth its policy concerning soliciting activities associated with discretionary investment contracts, investment advisory contracts, subscription to investment trusts, etc. in accordance with Article 9 of the Law concerning the Sale of Financial Products as follows
- When recommending a discretionary investment contract, investment advisory contract, or investment trust to a client, we, at the Nikko Asset Management, will try, taking the client’s knowledge, experience, status of assets, and the purpose for concluding the contract for the applicable financial product into consideration, to offer an appropriate explanation of the details of the product and its risks.
- We will carry out soliciting activities from the standpoint of the client placing greatest importance on gaining his or her confidence and complying with relevant laws and regulations.
- We will not carry out soliciting activities late at night, early in the morning or in other hours that will cause a nuisance to the client. We will stop soliciting activities immediately whenever we are so requested by the client because it is causing a nuisance to him or her.
- We will try to make an appropriate display in newspaper advertisements and website.
- We will conduct in-house training of sales personnel in product knowledge and presentation skill aiming to enhance their capabilities and meet the client’s trust and expectation.
- We will try to strengthen the internal control system in order to comply with the relevant laws and regulations as well as with the bylaws of the Investment Trusts Association, Japan and Japan Investment Advisors Association, and carry out soliciting activities in an appropriate manner.