We seek to identify undervalued companies capable of achieving high sustainable returns and benefiting from positive fundamental change to capture superior returns in Asia; one of the most dynamic and fast changing regions in the world. We believe that strong or improving Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) performance is essential for generating higher sustainable returns. We term the above as “Harvesting Growth, Harnessing Change”. We aim to have a balanced portfolio with the largest representation of stocks with undervalued high sustainable returns and positive fundamental change, with ESG Risks and Returns analysis integrated throughout.
Asia – The Continent of Great Opportunity
A dynamic market transforming itself at an unprecedented speed. Capturing value from diverse Asian opportunities requires deep understanding and cultural awareness.
[> 85% of global Semiconductor Foundry4 | > 85% Electric Vehicle Battery5 | > 85% Solar (Polys, Modules, Cells)6]
- 1Source: Bloomberg, Feb 2023
- 2Source: World Data Lab, September 2021
- 3Source: S&P Global – Market Intelligence, November 2022
- 4Source: Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/867223/worldwide-semiconductor-foundries-by-market-share/, September 2022
- 5Source: Bloomberg NEF, June 2022
- 6Source: Bloomberg NEF, May 2022
Unique and Dynamic Team
A unique and dynamic market requires a team approach of the same character.
We rely on the individual creativity and unique backgrounds of our team to produce varied, often unexpected insights into these sizable, fast-paced markets
An environment of trust, cohesion, and respect is the foundation for challenging, and subsequently integrating individual insights into a broader, coherent picture
The Asian Equity Team
- Over 20 investment professionals based in Singapore, Hong Kong and Shenzhen
- 19 years of average industry experience
- 10 primary nationalities
- All major Asian languages spoken
- Diversity across cognition, culture and demographics
- Mutual Respect, the foundation of our collaboration
Tailored for the complexities of Asian markets and fundamental change.
ESG Risk and return analysis is integrated across the entire investment process, supported with the following ESG beliefs:
- Strong or improving ESG is essential for higher sustainable returns
- Focus on what’s material for Asia
- Investment analyst led assessment works best